[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] no seeking in ogg/theora stream w/o audio

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Mon Feb 16 21:33:27 CET 2004

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:34:14AM +0100, David Kuehling wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just checked out the current mplayer CVS for the first time in some
>> weeks (months?).  Read somehwere that somebody improved ogg seeking.
>> Well, looks like that breaks compatability with ogg/theora streams
>> that don't have a audio channel.  MPlayer just won't seek in such
>> streams, whatever I try.

> Could you please send a complete mplayer -v output and tell me whether
> it works with -forceidx enabled?

Just had a closer look on the issue.  Well, I should have done that
before sending the bug report.  The test file I tried was only 10.4
seconds (which I didn't realize, as I couldn't seek ;).  Seeking works
with longer files.  -forceidx doesn't help with the short file.

Backwards seeking is still somewhat buggy.  But it always was for Ogg.
Strangely -forceidx doesn't help with that.

Sorry for any frustration my email might have caused.  I'll still upload
recent theora samples by tuesday or wednesday.

David