[MPlayer-dev-eng] AUTHORS

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Feb 10 06:03:18 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III writes:
 > On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 11:10:52PM -0300, Diego Biurrun wrote:
 > > I just had a quick look at the AUTHORS file and noticed how outdated
 > > it is -- according to it Rich wrote 2 filters, when he has written 11
 > > by my last count.  I added a few things, but this quickly became
 > > tedious.  So I am asking all you coders, documenters, patch submitters
 > > and translators:
 > >
 > > Send in a patch for the AUTHORS file describing what you did and get
 > > the fame you deserve!
 >
 > Is there a reason you prefer a patch, or is direct commit ok? AFAIK
 > the things I've done are:
 >
 > - lots of work on inverse telecine including initial support
 > - writing various other filters (I lost count)
 > - improving mencoder (getting rid of divx4 dependency, seeking, ...)
 > - antialiased dvd subtitles (horrible code, still drinking my cola...)
 > - misc bugfixes and improvements, esp. in video filter/output system
 > - tech docs on encoding

Feel free to commit yourself ;-)

 > BTW a good way to make the list for authors who don't respond is to
 > read the cvslog archives... :)

Exactly my train of thought.  But after coming to that conclusion I
decided that I'm far too lazy to do that myself.

So let me rephrase what I was trying to say before: If you have
contributed something to MPlayer and do not yet show up in the AUTHORS
file or your listing is incomplete, go grab the glory that you deserve
and add yourself through a commit or a patch.

Diego