[MPlayer-dev-eng] Why is the mplayer-1.0pre3-dumpvideo.diff patch not applied?

VMiklos mamajom at axelero.hu
Mon Feb 9 21:00:19 CET 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> > originally the dumped streams are not standard and aren't pharsable by
> > other applications. (mplex, tcmplex and others)
> > this patch fixes this bug
> this is not a bug
do you think that mplex don't know what is the standard mpeg stream?
mplex works with mpeg streams generated with several programs except
mplayer. do you think that _all these programs_ are buggy?

> > > Don't apply this patch as that size field is needed when using the
> > > output. You know, some devs use dumps for reverse engineering and
> > > such.
> > will anything be broken with this patch?
> yes
i don't understand what will be broken?
with my patched mplayer everything works fine.
what is that i'm not able to do, that you can with the cvs?

greetings

---
       __________     VMiklos / FapadOS & EL Team
  ____/__/___|___\__. E-mail: mainroot at freemail dot hu
O__O  _ |   |   _  |  Homepage: http://www.vmiklos.tk
'--`-(_)'---'--(_)-'  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03915096