[MPlayer-dev-eng] Correcting printf to mp_msg

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 05:46:09 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 09:29:30PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:

>>> (I also don't think this would have worked before libavcodec CVS
>>> was on the same server as MPlayer CVS, which was the case when I
>>> started updating both daily. The habit stuck.)
>
> It always worked. Even on the old server. The "CVS" directory under
> the libavcodec directory tells cvs where to go to update the files.
> So if you copy the full libavcodec tree, including the "CVS"
> directories, "cvs update" will automatically update both MPlayer and
> libavcodec.

Yes, as I said in my last message I figured that out *after* sending the
one you quoted. I am occasionally slow...

>>> You could even just add //FIXME to the end of the line and use
>>> normal MSGL's, but that might not be as clear/noticable for
>>> people wanting to fix the levels in the future. IMO a single
>>> MSGL_FIXME is fine though.
>>
>> I'd arrived at that conclusion after writing, but it's good to have
>> it confirmed. So, #define MSGL_FIXME 4 (INFO), or #define
>> MSGL_FIXME 5 (STATUS)?
>
> Hmm, I'd have to look at it and think about how they're used right
> now. I'm not really familiar with the message levels. But it would be
> easy to change later anyway.

But of course.

It occurs to me, a bit belatedly since I'm already a ways into this,
that it might be worthwhile to define MSGT_FIXME as well - because I'm
morally certain that at least 50% of these things are not meant to go to
MSGT_CPLAYER, but since I don't know which are what or what they *are*
supposed to go to I've just been putting them all as either CPLAYER or
(rarely) GPLAYER. MSGT_FIXME would let people know that the target
needed to be fixed, as well...

...and I really don't need to ask the list for permission on that, do I?
<rubs forehead wearily> I ought to learn to trust my own
self-confidence...

--
       The Wanderer