[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch for vo_jpeg.c and vo_png.c

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Aug 26 00:39:46 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 20:13, Fredrik Axelsson wrote:
> Hello Mplayer-devs,
>
> I tried to make some thumbnails and discovered that vo_jpeg's suboption
> outdir was broken, so I made a small patch which also adds this
> suboption to vo_png.

Jpeg options can be passed by the -jpeg commandline option, like:

mplayer -vo jpeg -jpeg outdir=foobar:quality=90 test.avi

You were probably trying to do -vo jpeg:outdir=foobar. Eventually, this
should be working (I plan to code this in the near future), but it's not
implemented yet.

Your patch does not match for 'outdir' and it does not parse all the other
possible jpeg options. I could even type something like -vo
jpeg:some-random-characters=<value> and it would use that value as the
output directory. IMHO this patch should not be committed.

--Ivo