[MPlayer-dev-eng] sigma designs chip @ sh-4

Karl Wood mplayer at shevek.f9.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 19:49:27 CEST 2004

Kenny (Constantine Shulyupin) writes:

> I work on porting mplayer to sh-4 (finished) and writing driver for Sigma Designs chip EM8605/6 for proprietary project.
> I am going to take part in mplayer development and improvement.

Hi Kenny

To be clear, are you really intending to write a Sigma Designs driver
for MPlayer?

I mainly lurk here, and post rarely, but I feel obliged to point out
that there _may_ be issues with Sigma Designs and GPL, at least from
what I google'd.

I don't intend this post to be critical of MPlayer or Sigma Designs in
any way, but better to be safe than sorry.

Karl