[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: bug? which leads to vo/encoder reinit during playback / transcode

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 15 11:42:19 CEST 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:48:32 -0500 (CDT)
Zoltan Hidvegi <mplayer at hzoli.2y.net> wrote:

> But softpulldown should not be used as it is only
> useful for ivtc or detc, which are not as good as pullup and filmdint

pullup and filmdint still can't replace ivtc.

Pullup crashes after seeking, it sometimes leaves interlacing artifacts,
and it needs a 3:2 pattern (like detc) which not all videos are.

I know less about filmdint, but it's quite obvious that it's
deinterlacer is fairly low quality, somewhat comparable to pp=fd  (I
prefer pp=lb).