[MPlayer-dev-eng] NVidia AV frame sync

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Aug 12 01:30:34 CEST 2004

I have just been testing the method of using the nvidia device for
syncing frame display in Mythtv.  This seems (at least for me) to give
very accurate frame timing and a much smoother picture.

Whilst I don't have any great problems with frame timing in mplayer, is
there any interest in looking at using this feature when and where it is
available? Any thoughts on how best to hook it in bearing in mind it's
not going to be available on all machines/architectures, and it doesn't
even work properly with all driver versions... (compile time option only
perhaps..?  Or autodetect and have a compile option to disable the check
in the event of problems...?)

Ed W