[MPlayer-dev-eng] important: doxygen - documenting the source - change of code policy

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Aug 10 07:50:05 CEST 2004

Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:17:50AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> I'm not a developer (yet), although I have some hope of learning
>> enough about the code over the course of removing printfs to
>> potentially make some contributions, but although I know next to
>> nothing about doxygen specifically I support complete code
>> documentation just on principle. This probably shouldn't be counted
>> as a vote, but for the little it's worth I did want to make my view
>> known.
>
> Too late, you made already too many submissions that your vote
> couldnt be not counted :)

Nothing which has been accepted yet, however - and all of it is trivial,
and most of it pure grunt work which could have been done by anyone with
basic C knowledge. (Leaving aside all of the grammar/spelling comments,
which aren't really code-related.)

A slightly additional thought, which might be more relevant to whether
or not my voice should be counted: although I do, as I said, support
complete code documentation on principle (having written and then later
tried to read both semi-heavily-commented and completely-uncommented
code of my own), I don't know how doxygen works, or whether or not it
would be the best way to go about ensuring code documentation.

>> Warning: Simply because I argue an issue does not mean I agree with
>> any side of it.
>
> This time you agreed with one side ;)

Well, yes, but I wasn't actually arguing anything. (Plus the fact that I
argue an issue also doesn't mean that I *don't* agree with any side of
it; the .sig line is merely meant to explicitly leave the question
undecided.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.