[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer Source Code

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Aug 10 02:57:20 CEST 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:02:48AM +0000, Joe Laws wrote:
> I am trying to develop an addon for mplayer, and need access to the
> raw video stream that mplayer has decoded and is about to display on
> the screen.  Either the stream, or the current Frame is what I need
> access too.  After looking through the code I could not find the exact
> spot that the video information is stored.  If anyone familer with the
> code could help me out it would be appreciated.

Read DOCS about video output modules.
Read video output modules. (libvo/vo_{jpeg,png,gif89a}.c)
Write a new vo. (copy and alter a simple one ^^^)
Add references to it to video_out code.
Use 'mplayer -vo my_fantastic_new_idea' to see results.

And next time you post here, please start a new thread instead of
replying to another one.  You broke the threading of this list.

--Joey

--
All philosophy is naïve.