[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec options incompatibility

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Tue Aug 3 19:06:10 CEST 2004

I have been playing with different libavcodec options with mencoder and
I have found the following problems.

1) qpel and ilme are mutually exclusive. With both mencoder doesn't work.
2) ( threads>=2 && cmp=3 ) || ( threads>=2 && subcmp=3 ) wont work.
   note: precmp=3 is ok.
I checked the previous problems with 1.0pre5 and today CVS

3) if threads>=2 and vmax_b_frames>=1 the encoding process is slower than
with single thread. About 20% slower.
Checked only with 1.0pre5 on a DUAL CPU system.

I'm just wondering if these issues are bugs or not.
If they are not bugs, there should be a mention in the man page about the
incompatibilities.

Giacomo