[MPlayer-dev-eng] unmaintained modules looking for a maintainer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 1 13:07:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

> MPlayer code:
>     * DVD support (experimental - dvdnav): None
>     * DVD support (new - dvdread/dvdcss): None
>     * DVD support (old - libcss): None

wasn't libcss support removed already? if not, it should be.

> Imported libs/projects:
>     * libmpeg2: None

I think Fabian could take care of it, he already knows this code well :)

>     * libmpdvdkit2: None

it's just minimally patched copy of libdvdread+libdvdcss
we even talked about removing this and depend on the external libs.
(mpdvdkit was created by .so & me, when it needed heavy patching to
work at all, but it was long time ago, now it works out-of-box, and
even the key-cache patch is in the official libs. if we still needs to
fix/patch something, it should be done in the original libs.
contact vektor@#mplayerdev about them, he was very helpful)

> libvo drivers:
>     * vo_dga.c - None
>     * vo_dxr3.c - None
David Holm? :))

>     * vo_jpeg.c - None
>     * vo_md5.c - None
>     * vo_mpegpes.c - None
I can help on this one, it was my code. although it does not need much
maintance... or Nico (DVB code maintainer) could, it belongs there...

>     * vo_null.c - None
>     * vo_pgm.c - None
>     * vo_svga.c - None
>     * vo_vesa.c - None
>     * vo_yuv4mpeg.c - None
> VIDIX drivers:
>     * mach64_vid - None
>     * mga_vid - None
>     * radeon_vid - None
>     * rage128_vid - None
> libao2 drivers:
>     * ao_alsa5.c - None
>     * ao_arts.c - None
>     * ao_dxr2.c - None
>     * ao_esd.c - None
>     * ao_mpegpes.c - None
>     * ao_null.c - None
>     * ao_oss.c - None
i take care of ao_oss, its quite tricky code, and i have some
good contacts at 4front tech (oss api authors) for help...

>     * ao_pcm.c - None
>     * ao_plugin.c - None
>     * ao_sdl.c - None
Atmos4?
should be the same as vo_sdl, they are even related (use some common stuff
afair)

>     * ao_sgi.c - None
>     * ao_sun.c - None
>
> Not listed here is the whole subtitle code including vobsub.
> I also think there are a lot of other modules which are lacking a
> maintainer. If somebody wants to take over one of those parts, please
> send a mail.

done

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
MPlayer's new image: happiness & peace & cosmetics & vmiklos