[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: divx2svcd-0.5.1

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon Apr 26 18:40:31 CEST 2004

    Hi, Nico Sabbi!

Sometime (on Monday, April 26 at 12:06) I've received something...
>out of curiosity:  what draft did  you follow, 11722-1?

    Yes, almost this one, draft ISO number 11172. Is it bad?

>I can't reconduce some of your pes headers to 13818-1.

    If I missed something, would you like to point me on document where I
can find right info, please?

>A couple of hints, hoping you will turn them into patches :)

    Thank you. :)

>a) when the audio codec is ac3 (format 0x2000) you could use
>stream_id=0xbd, so demux_mpeg can correctly recognize ac3
>(although maybe it's not enough:  IIRC there should be the extra 4
>leading bytes 0x....80 in the pes payload)

    I'll read specification again. It seems bad to force stream id to
some fixed value - what if there will be another stream of that type?
Anyway I don't remember that well now so I'll read specs.

>b) it video is mpeg2 it would be nice to set  correctly the mpeg1_mpeg2
>bit, to make some programs like replex happy

    This may be good thing. Another thing may be changing default stream
rate if stream is mpeg2.

>Do you have any idea why TMPG often stops demuxing mpeg files generated
>by mencoder long before the end?

    Hmm. Could you give me an example of such file? At least how it was
generated to copy this behavior.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.