[MPlayer-dev-eng] Nut, few ideas

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Tue Apr 20 15:55:50 CEST 2004

ok

So, we get some flaming each other.
Here is summary of my proposals about nut format.
(not yet finished)

In summary.
making main header startcode in human readable format.
add maximum known vlc size limits.

For now I keep the checksum at the end. But I don't like it.
As packet headers are written in memory buffers it doesn't really
matter.

Removing frame_code compression and using another flag scheme.

TODO:
Creating an distributed index - small indexes
at fixed size block (16k), describing nearly 2 hours of the movie.
all pointers in, are relative to the index.
Additional pointer to the next index.

Additional packet type for error resistance. It is fixed size
contains all packets, but without backward_pointers and framedata.
The data is mixed and distributed across the file and
protected with error correction code.

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive