[MPlayer-dev-eng] FFII software patent demo, politics, KiSS

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Apr 19 06:54:35 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> It turns out she wanted to offer us her help and sue KiSS in our
> name.  She even had started raising funds already!
Whoa, one hot babe :)

> Later that day she got phoned up by the KiSS CTO or something and was
> offered a job.  These people are playing strange games
Heh :) Now, where did I put my SlashDot...

> Georg had an idea that Alan liked very much: We might make MPlayer print
> out an informational warning message if it plays patent encumbered
> formats.
Huh? That sucks. What's the sense? So users can quickly press Quit if they
are obsessed about patents? :) And what's for the GUI? Next thing you'll see
is someone asking for an option that hides that text. MPlayer is already
suffering from verbosity problems. I'm against that.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team