[MPlayer-dev-eng] DirectSound (win32) audio output driver

Florian Dietrich flodt8 at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 14 16:49:31 CEST 2004

 --- Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> wrote:

> I don't know of any project regarding this topic.
> Would be cool if you write this ao. The only difficulty I
> encountered writing ao_win32 was to get the buffering right.
> Otherwise I can only recommend you to read the libao2/ao_*.c files.
> Xine seems to have a directsound audio driver, too. Maybe you can
> find some usefull info there.
> Have fun.

Oh, thanks ;-) It really doesn't look too complicated though. It's
still probably going to take a while until I can finish it, because I
also have some other things to get done right now.

Meanwhile I should probably also think about which HWND to pass to
the SetCooperativeLevel function ;-) maybe just some invisible dummy
window? I'm not sure whether I can rely on anything else.

As you said, the buffering is probably the hardest part (at least
getting it done well) I will probably start off with a simple
implementation (so it at least works) and then see how well it works
and fine-tune it later if necessary.

Florian

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de