[MPlayer-dev-eng] RGB vs. BGR

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 8 23:55:55 CEST 2004

Hi,

> yes i know DOCS/tech/colorspace.txt, but IMHO we shouldnt refer to open gl and
> suggest to use -vo gl to check rgb vs bgr compliance as vo_gl.c only supports
> rgb24&rgb32 and there are many more formats around, and some developers (like
> me) dont really know open gl

vo_gl.c now should be able to support all color RGB/BGR formats. Most
currently don't work - I'm going to change this as soon as somebody
writes a specification for the IMGFMT_* constants.
Alternatively I could try to explain how I think that OpenGL does it if
you're interested.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger