[MPlayer-dev-eng] PowerPC multichannel playback with cmpci

C.L. Tien - 田承禮 cltien at cmedia.com.tw
Thu Apr 1 05:35:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

I use MPlayer (20040331) with my OSS driver (cmpci), I found it always asks for AFMT_S16_BE, even the driver said only AFMT_S16_LE supported in DSP_GETFMT ioctl.

I added the AFMT_S16_BE support by simply swapping the hi-byte and lo-byte, now it can play 1/2 channel audio (but with high-pitch noise), but when I tried 4-channel audio with a DVD, there are lots of noise, the same version works well with PC.

BTW, the MPlayer can play AC3 stream well with PowerPC after patch I posted last time.

Sincerely,
ChenLi Tien