[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bug with mp3 files and -nosound flag

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 22:47:52 CEST 2003

Hello,

It seems that the -nosound flag is ignored when playing an mp3 file

mplayer -nosound some.mp3

will play the song. Expected behavior is when you do the following

mplayer -nosound -novideo some.avi

Where it just ignores the contents of the file, but prints out the playlist in
the file off the "Playing" lines... Why would you want to do this? Well...
when I am creating a playlist I'll run the media stream through

mplayer -nosound -novideo media.file

pick up all the "Playing" lines and create a list of these files (I do this
recursively on each file that is in the playlist).
I'll then download the files and then play each file in order

why would I want to do this?

Mplayer cannot access media that is on an http site where the media access is
controlled via a cookie or session variable. Doing it this way lets me get
that media and play it in mplayer.

Kevin
mplayerplug-in.sf.net