[MPlayer-dev-eng] how to resize chroma layer inside a vf_*?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 6 23:56:13 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I'm writing a filter to do basically do
> pixel = lookup_table[pixel]

see vf_eq2.c, it uses such lookup table

> for MPEG2/DVD viewing.  I've found that the luma channel
> is 720x480 (obviously), but the chromas are 360x240.  How
> can I cause a vf_filter to output chroma at full resolution?

accept (in query_format()) only IMGFMT_444P.
then vf_scale will be autoinserted and it will upscale chroma
planes to match luma size.

> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!  I stole vf_hqdn3d.c
> as my starting point, and basically am stuck on getting higher
> rez output.  (Using mplayer-1.0pre1 tarball.)

use CVS, if you plan to send patch for inclusinon in next version

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu