[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Oct 30 03:04:17 CET 2003

Arpi writes:
 > > remove now:
 > > -- HTML documentation (hu, it, zh, de)
 > huh, is there an xml version already?

No, but it and de are unmaintained, hu and zh are outdated.

 > > -- vf_eq
 > ok

Hmm, just remove and keep eq2 or remove and rename eq2 --> eq?

 > > -- one of the two debian directories
 > imho both must go, they are both useless & broken
 > debian packagers use their own version anyway

debian/ works fine.  I know some people who use it.

Attila, I think you added debian-build..  What about it?

 > > -- etc/cygwin_inttypes.h
 > isnt it still requires for win32 builds? (dont forget mingw32 too)

No.  It never was for MinGW, which needed another types.h file.
Nowadays both Cygwin and MinGW can compile MPlayer out of the box.

I think I will just remove cygwin_inttypes.h and add it to

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/

Whoever really needs it, can grab it from there.

 > > rewrite:
 > > -- vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
 >
 > vo_gl was written for DRI, gl2 for SGI
 > they both opengl but wiht different hardware and implementation,
 > gl2 is slow as hell with DRI, and vice versa
 > anyway nvidia driver (which is based on sgi libs afaik), needs gl2

Alex said he wanted to rewrite the whole thing so I'll leave it in the
rewrite section.

updated list:

-- means it has to go
+- means there is no agreement yet

remove now:
+- HTML documentation (it, de)
-- vf_eq
-- one of the two debian directories
-- audio plugins (obsoleted by audio filters) except volnorm
+- TVout/fbset
+- TVout/
-- fibmap_mplayer.c
-- cleanup TOOLS/
-- etc/cygwin_inttypes.h

remove eventually:
+- HTML documentation (hu, zh)
-- libmpdvdkit2/
+- .raw font support
-- libcss hooks in code

remove when equivalent available in ffmpeg:
-- libmpeg2/
-- mp3lib/
-- libmpcodecs/native/
-- vd_cinepak
-- vd_cyuv

rewrite:
- vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
- vo_dga
- vo_fbdev (there is vo_fbdev2 and another vo_fbdev in G2)
- pl_volnorm (port to libaf)

Diego