[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: -of mpeg

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Fri Oct 17 15:27:41 CEST 2003

    Hi, Nico!

Sometime (on Friday, October 17 at 14:38) I've received something...
>>>It works for me, with only one exception: when recording every seek()
>>>takes me to the end of the file.

>>   Where did you find seek() in the muxer_mpeg.c ? :)

>I was writing the file on one console, then I switched to a second one
>and played the file being writtem.
>Obviously the seeking function was the one in demux_mpg.c :)

    Hmm... I've understood. But I don't know what to do with this since
until MPEG file is finished header of it cannot be finalized. Anyway I
think it's not MEncoder problem. :)

>>>It would be nice if Andrji added a PSM to the mux, it could be used to
>>>insert MPEG4 :)
>>[.......]

>>   Would you like to explain this in details? :)  I've tried to write
>>muxer that follows ISO standard and I wonder if there is such thing as
>>PSM there. May be I've missed something? ;)

>It's the Program Stream Map: it has the same role (and almost the same
>syntax) as the Program Map Table in
>Mpeg-TS: describing the content of the stream by means of tags and
>descriptors; there are fixed tags for Mpeg 1/2/4 video
>and Audio (including AAC) plus custom ones, and descriptors for many
>purposes (languages, format, etc).
>It's all described in IS13818-1 (plus Amendament 7 for mpeg4).

    May be, if I get some free time, I'll search that document and read
it. :)  BTW, you could make a patch for that. %)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.