[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer has now been ported to OpenVMS (almost)

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Thu Oct 16 14:30:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I have successfully built and run MPlayer on a VMS Alpha system (a
> surprisingly easy port with most of the issues being the differences
> between the DECC compiler and the GNUC compiler).  I have only one
> real issue: while mplayer works fine, it is rather slow.  Currently,
> the only output devices I have are x11, gl, and gl2.  Each of these
> requires an RGB input which means everything I've tried to play so far
> (avi, mov, mpeg, and DVD) must pass through a yuv2rgb filter.  As you
> are aware, this filter is not yet optimized for Alpha.  I've also
> encountered a need for an optimized IMDCT filter.
IMDCT? First optimize IDCT, that's for video.

Hm, aren't you using libavcodec? As it contains an optimized IDCT for
alpha (Falk Hueffner and Mans Rullgard have done it).

> Is anyone working on an Alpha version of these transforms?  If not, is
> there anyone who could work with me as I try to figure out how to
> write them myself?
As above.

> P.S. The port is currently based on the pre2 release code.
Could you send a diff, just for curiosity :)

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)