[MPlayer-dev-eng] Another SiS vidix issue

Marcus Thiesen marcus at thiesenweb.de
Sun Oct 12 22:36:46 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 20:29, Jake Page wrote:
> Hey,
>
> For the CRT1/CRT2 issue try setting the environment variable VIDIX_CRT=2 -
> since the SiS 650 only has 1 overlay, it will tell the driver to use it
> on CRT2 if both video outputs are being used.

Maybe I don't understand the structure of this VIDIX stuff but shouldn't
it be possible to detect the overlay on runtime? Thomas Winschhofer's
sisctrl can do it, so your driver should be able to do so to. I don't
wanna sound unfriendly, I'm just not really happy whith having to set an
environment variable when I want to watch a movie.

> I think the xvidix driver is a
> great way to test VIDIX development, but Xv is a better option for real
> playback, since it's better integreated with X11.

But shouldn't the xvidix driver be faster? If it directly accesses the
graphics card it should and I'm always heading for speed :-)

>   I'm primarily
> testing/using VIDIX on the framebuffer right now.

I primarily testing/using VIDIX on X11 now, so we kind of complete each
other :-)

> Thanks for the feedback!

Think you'll get some more....

> -Jake

Have fun,
	Marcus

|Marcus Thiesen                           ICQ# 108989768|
|                   www.thiesenweb.de                   |
  28A7 37CC AE2C BB6C D56D  8A3D E614 E56B 7546 75F2