[MPlayer-dev-eng] autoconf suxx!

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 10 21:55:40 CEST 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 08:07:13PM +0200, weigelt at metux.de wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> yet another day when autoconf really sucks!
> it seems that enables support for some libs i had on my system when
> configured lasttime, but w/o asking me.

For MPlayer?? MPlayer does not use autoconf and its configure script
does not cache results like autoconf does! Where are you running into
trouble? You should post the error message.

By the way, if you're going to rerun configure with different options,
you should always (for autoconf stuff, or MPlayer) run make distclean
first! Otherwise files may not get recompiled with the new options.
This has nothing to do with configure though, just basic make
behavior.

Rich