[MPlayer-dev-eng] URL REQUEST

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 13 14:53:34 CEST 2003

Hi,

> When all will be port in mplayer G2,

it's far away
(and it depends on the number of interested developers.
currently only me and a few non-active-mplayer-g1-developers
work on it)

> what's about current mplayer?

dunno
when g2 will be usable (with at least CLI) and will have (near) the
same functionality as g1, then g1 will be obsoleted and probably
development stops.

but note that development of g1 already stopped in some way, mostly
bugfixes and portability changes are commited, only a few new fetaures
and rarely.

> I suppose there is no interest to maintain two products...

I guess so, too
btw we're talking about 4+ projects here:
mplayer g1/0.90, g1/main, mplayerxp, and g2

i think that mplayerxp can be also based on g2 core, in the future, but it
depends on Nick of course...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team