[MPlayer-dev-eng] IPL

zze-projet AMIRAL AKHRES N ext FTRD/DIH/REN nakhres.ext at rd.francetelecom.com
Tue May 6 10:57:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

I need to make an IPL (Intel Image Processing Library) wrapper for using mplayer in my program...
Does anyone know if there is already such a wrapper?
Or have anyone any idea or advice about this?

I have started analysing mplayer to understand what are the entry points.
It appears to me that cache2.c may be a good entry point, is that right?

I am a newbie in video/stream programming...
The goal of my program is to make a video segmentation according to criteria such as "speech","music" for audio segmentation or "plan/cut" for video one.
So I need to use mplayer to read video stream, grab some pictures or audio stream from this starting point to this end point, make my analyse and stocking the results in my program, and let mplayer render the video stream on screen.
There were an already made solution for windows only and I am working on a linux migration.
I don't know if mplayer is really what I need (cause it is not really an api but more a player, isn't it?)...

thank you in advance

Nader