[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Mar 24 15:05:13 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 11:52:27AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > chapters, playlists, ... are still missing/incomplete, but they can be
> > > added
> >
> > ehh
> > afair we decided to ignroe that mess
> hmm AFAIR we decided to add it later, and everything else seems to be done so
> later == now

No, IMHO later == after the format is already working in the real
world and supported by mplayer and mencoder. Otherwise we're just as
bad as those 'other guys' putting all sorts of crap in their container
formats before they get something usable out the door.

Since these things (menus and chapters) should be fairly trivial and
divorced from the main muxing, I don't see how there's any benefit of
worrying about them now.

Rich