[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Mar 24 11:44:52 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:00:45AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> If Arpi is really leaving his position as maintainer, we can't force
> him to stay, but I think it would be very foolish to throw out all the
> principles that made MPlayer development work so well without having
> *very* well-thought-out reasons for why they absolutely need to be
> changed, and without a consensus among active developers (which means
> people writing code, as opposed to docs :).

I did not say this explicitly (although I probably should have), but I did
_not_ want to weigh in in favor of code reformatting.  In fact I'm
completely neutral towards it outside of DOCS/.  I just wanted to show that
it can make sense at least in some special cases and I felt that evil was
hiding a few sensible points under clumsy analogies that are worth
_discussing_.  I will not (nor am I even interested in) vote on the issue
outside of DOCS/.

I guess that needed to be clarified.

Diego