[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF proposal

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Mar 11 18:27:01 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 06:20:18PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > No. It will only fail to serve the windows users who are too stupid to
> > download mplayer and insist on using crashing/buggy wmp, divxplayer,
> > etc.
>
> I completely agree with Luis here.  We should try to spread the file format
> as far and wide as possible.  Our dream is to someday not reencode/encode
> but receive movies in that format, isn't it?

Why? What is the meaning of this? I think this format should be used primary
by ourselfs (eg I can record into this format from my TV card with mencoder,
or maybe I reencode some 'too large' ugly AVI file etc). I think it's not
usefull for us to be used by the whole world. Or at least personally I don't
want to do this, probably the theory behind this: "use it if it's well suited
for you, or ignore it".

BTW, the other side: I'm SURE that some win$ coder will write windows stuffs
for the format ... :) So, no prob.

- Gábor (larta'H)