[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: RFD: -ovcopts/-oacopts

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Mon Mar 10 19:21:22 CET 2003

Hi!

imho it's a good idea too, and any module could have options passed to it
(-ovc lavc:help -vo fbdev:rotate -demuxer real:w=100,h=80 whatever).
But also there should be generic functions for passing options to modules, so
that both gui and commandline support for the options is trivial.
Like every module can tell what  options it supports, and you can set any of
them with a function call (from the [gui|commandline] module/executable).

I know it is planned to separate the modules for real, and part of that
process is imho a flexible way of setting options.
Probably Albeu was talking about this, but I didn't quite understand it. :)
However I will read the mail and the source, if these ideas are already there.

bye
Denes