[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch/bug tracker?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Mar 2 14:06:22 CET 2003

Hi

On Sunday 02 March 2003 13:37, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > it seems there are many patches around and few are being applied ...
> > > perhaps its time to switch to that patch tracker (roundup or whatever)
> > > as
>
> yep
>
> > > suggested by arpi some time ago (i dunno why we didnt switch to it yet)
>
> i've installed & setup it months ago, but: roundup (just like most others)
> are highly customizabe, controlled by templates. It has some sample
> templates, but it recommends to create your own, based on yoru
> requirements, targets, goals. I've choose a template close to our goal
> (patch tracking), but it probably requires some modifications, additions,
> at least the combobox items at Status:, Priority: etc. I've asked here for
> comemnts, but nobody answered, and only a few (<5) people even checked it.
>
> Note, that if we do major changes on the interface (i mean adding new
> fields to the database) it will drop old data, ie. database will be reset.
> So start using it as-is and modify later is not a good option.
ok, i looked at it ... :)
IMHO we should not use stuff like "need-eg", "done-cbb" and such for the
status as nearly noone will know what they mean
IMHO "deferred" should be renamed to "later", as its a more common english
word
IMHO there should be a "confirmed" status for bugs which have been confirmed
but not fixed (if we ever use a bugtracker, otherwise its not usefull)
so one possible list of statuses for patches would be
unread
rejected
accepted
applied