[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: [MPlayer-users] Minor conflict in mga_vid driver

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Jun 30 22:40:14 CEST 2003

Heyo PPL,

Looks like the next round of RH specific bugs is
gonna to start. :(

		Attila Kinali

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:12:33 +0200
From: Anders Gnistrup <agn at city.dk>
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: [MPlayer-users] Minor conflict in mga_vid driver

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
Hi all

I have Redhat 8.0 installed and I have just updated the kernel version
to the redhat 2.4.20-18.8.

There is a minor error when compileng

cc -O2  -D__KERNEL__  -DMODULE           -include
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h -Wall
-I/usr/src/linux/include -c mga_vid.c
mga_vid.c: In function `mga_vid_mmap':
mga_vid.c:1528: warning: passing arg 1 of `remap_page_range_R323728a8'
makes pointer from integer without a cast
mga_vid.c:1528: incompatible type for argument 4 of
`remap_page_range_R323728a8'
mga_vid.c:1528: too few arguments to function `remap_page_range_R323728a8'

It seems vired but is fixed by alter the line in mga_vid.c

diff -r1.53 mga_vid.c
1523c1523
< #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,5,3)
---
 > #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,20)

And that fixed the problem.

I do not know what redhat have done, but it seems that the 2.4.20 is not
quite a 2.4.20 kernel....

With regards

Anders Gnistrup

Emacs ist für mich kein Editor. Für mich ist das genau das gleiche, als wenn
ich nach einem Fahrrad (für die Sonntagbrötchen) frage und einen pangalaktischen
Raumkreuzer mit 10 km Gesamtlänge bekomme. Ich weiß nicht, was ich damit soll.
		-- Frank Klemm, de.comp.os.unix.discussion