[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: to -fixed-vo or not to -fixed-vo

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Jun 30 15:07:58 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 08:28:49PM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > After a short discussion playing multiple files on #mplayer
> > i had the idea that we could use -fixed-vo as default as
> > it should work with all -vo (and additionaly defining -nofixed-vo
> > to disable this). This would get rid of the annoying uninit-preinit
> > of the vo layer when playing multiple files.
> >
> > Any comments ?
> A lot of vo wont work correctly but imho we should do it. Why ?
> The "new" libvo exist since too long that it's a pity that a lot of
> drivers are still uncompliant.
> So i vote to make -fixed-vo the default (after adding -nofixed-vo).

I agree.  I'm away from cvs at the moment, so if nobody has comitted
Alex's revision of my patch to fbdev, then may I commit a similar
version some time soon?  I believe that -fixed-vo had issues on fbdev
without it.  Again, I'm away from my machine for a bit, so I'll pick up
on these issues again when I return.

--Joey