[MPlayer-dev-eng] inverse of tfields filter << audio input problem!!

LGW large at lilymarleen.de
Sat Jun 14 15:11:13 CEST 2003

Hi there,

>I also had a problem with audio not working on a tv card (sound going
>via a soundcard), which i fixed by changing the way the tv demux control
>method detects if it has sound, but i would presume this would have been
>fixed since 0.90 was released (?), and i doubt my patch is correct
>anyway.

I also have a problem with audio init with the tv-mode. I have two
tv-in-cards; one has it's own audio chip with digital dsp (oss type,
Hauppauge WinTV PCI...), the other one has no audio chip. I try to use
an alsa soundcard to record the sound of both, but it seems like the
audio stream is initialized (i hacked some printfs into the source) but
never told to mencoder that an audio stream exists on the card without
audio interface (Elsa Erazor III with rivatv module). it works with the
hauppauge (both internal and alsa interface).

Maybe there is an logical error disabling sound even with force_audio
when the tv card has no audio? The force_audio parameter seems to be
totally ignored, anyway...

command line:
mencoder -oac mp3lame -tv
on:input=0:device=/dev/video1:driver=v4l:width=352:height=288:outfmt=rgb16:alsa:forceaudio
-flip -ovc lavc -o test.avi

the same command line when I change /dev/video1 to /dev/video0; I think
the existing Hauppage audio port makes him think that he has audio in
the first place. mencoder uses the alsa interface, though.

Is that in any case connected to the problem you had? Please submit your
solution, than! I need to copy this VHS... :)

I'll have a deeper look into the code, but I don't know much about
mplayer-demux-internals... :/

for now I found out that the alsa init (tvi_v4l.c, line 509) is
executed, but no other sound stuff (what should be alright because there
is no onboard card).

Or maybe there is simply some mplayer-internal control variable not set
telling him there is an audio-stream? I wonder...

it seems like the audio init in tv.c, about line 430, is ran for the
Hauppauge with own audio chipset, but not for the Erazor. Remember, both
use alsa (and it works for one)...

cu,
  Lars