[MPlayer-dev-eng] Missing rp9win32codecs in codecs.conf

Benjamin Zores ben at tutuxclan.org
Sun Jun 1 14:08:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using MPlayer with a uClibc system and wan't to play Real streams.
As I can't use the binary rp9codecs (due to the use of uClibc) I've decided to take
the rp9win32codecs.

There, I've noticed that in my generated codecs.conf file, there's no description for
the atrc3260.dll, cook3260.dll and sipr3260.dll (whereas they're definition for the
equivalent .so.6.0 files). Video are codecs are well defined and work fine.

So, I've added the following by hand (eg. for COOK) :

audiocodec racook
  info "RealAudio COOK"
  status working
  format 0x6B6F6F63 ; "cook"
  driver realaud
  dll "cook.so.6.0"
  dll "cook3260.dll"

With this "ugly" hack (just for test), sound is now working but is "cracking" every 3-4 seconds.
So, is there a way to prevent them or can someone tell me how to change the format line
to works with the Real Win32 codecs (there's the same problem with the 3 realaudio codecs).

'Aim at getting something like :

audiocodec racookwin
  info "Win32 RealAudio COOK"
  status working
  format 0xXXXXXXXX ; "cook"   <== that's what seems to be buggy with Win32 codec
  driver realaud
  dll "cook3260.dll"

Thanks,

Benjamin