[MPlayer-dev-eng] Absolute Time in DVD

Michael Halcrow mhalcrow at cs.byu.edu
Fri Jul 18 09:09:01 CEST 2003

sh_video->pts resets at the start of every chapter.  This kind of
breaks EDL with DVD's.  Some ways around this can include:

 - Make EDL records store both chapter and chapter offset values
 - Find (or make) an absolute timer in mplayer (one that counts time
   from the start of the first chapter of the DVD rather than from the
   start of each individual chapter); I'll have to look for one this
   weekend, unless one of you kind souls will point one out to me :-)
 - Record EDL timestamps based on frame number rather than pts

Oh, and there's this:

timestamp = 90000*(sh_video->timer + d_dvdsub->pts + sub_delay -
sh_video->pts);

Recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Halcrow                             | mike at halcrow.us
Developer, IBM Linux Technology Center      |

"Free markets select for winning            |
solutions."                                 |
  - Eric S. Raymond                         |
GnuPG Keyprint:  05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D