[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG][POSSIBLE FIX]Sig11 in libmpdemux/demuxer.c for files with wrong extension

Raindel Shachar raindel at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sat Jul 5 12:57:07 CEST 2003

Hi, I have uploaded a file (demuxer-detection-segfault.m2v.bz2) which
causes mplayer (current CVS  version) to crash while trying to detect the
demuxer.
I attach a gdb log and the commands used to generate it.
~/mldonkey-distrib-2.02-0/temp/mplayer-crash.m2v is the same file as the
bunzip2 of the file I has uploaded. A simple fix, which will cause huge
memory leaks is to check just before the line of the crash that
d_video->sh is not NULL, and if it is, return NULL as the demuxer, but
this is very ugly hack, that will hide te problem instead of solving it.

Sadly, I don't have time to dig through the entire demuxer code to find a
better fix.

Cheers
Shachar