[MPlayer-dev-eng] More about strides... :-m

Daniel Moreno comac2k at terra.es
Thu Jan 30 16:59:57 CET 2003

Arpi wrote:

> - fix your code to honor both mpi->stride[] and dmpi->stride[] (preferred)

I'm not that sure about this "preferred". :-m

The filter needs the previous line in order to filter the current one.
The first line is processed diferently outside the loop.

But... do I have a way to know if I'm being passed the first stride of
an image or some other stride? If not, then I have 3 choices:

- Assume every stride is the first one. This will cause every stride to
be processed as if it were a whole frame and may lead to horizontal
"discontinuities".

- Assume no stride is the first one. This will cause the bottom part of
a frame to influence the top part of the next.

- Not support strides at all, so that I require to be given whole frames
only. This would produce proper output.

Since this filter is intended for preprocessing before encoding... I
think I'd take thas last option if there is no way to know what stride
I'm dealing with.

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/