[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO for release? bugs status...

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Wed Jan 29 22:38:01 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 09:20:17PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> maybe after 0.90 the new API should be changed.extended, and the old API
> disabled, and the drivers not supporting the new API disabled.
> so anyone interested in a vo driver could port it to the new api...
> dunno if it will ever happen, once, years ago :) i've changed draw_slice()
> parameters and it took years to get all drivers updated.
> and it was nothing (actually the stride parameter added) compared to what
> we need now...

Why don't we assign each vo to someone qualified to port & test it with
a new API?  Also, we should write brief standards for the implementation
of new features.  So, there would be in DOCS/tech/conventions/ for
example:  vo.txt vd.txt vf.txt, etc. to explain the general conventions
for how a vo, vd, vf, etc. should be written.  I found it difficult to
learn how libmpcodecs/libmpdemux work and I'm still not confident I know
how to write acceptable code for libmpcodecs.

--Joey