[MPlayer-dev-eng] --disable-risky switch ok?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Jan 29 12:46:11 CET 2003

Hi

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 12:29, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > ill put a #ifdef CONFIG_RISKY around all known patent encumbered parts of
> > libavcodec so that distributions like debian can have a libavcodec
> > package,
>
> WTF? it's totaly nonsense.
yes agree fully, but it ends the even more nonsense between debian &
libavcodec/mplayer/... they cant claim libavcodec/mplayer is illegal anymore
at least they have no sound argument anymore

> What will left if you disable 'risky' parts? i
> guess nothing... maybe the broken lavcdeint filter? :)
mpeg1, rawvideo/audio stuff, huffyuv, mjpeg, ogg vorbis, mp1/mp2
yes it wont play 95% of the files but its still usefull for a small number of
ppl

> > so my question is what is prefered for mplayer, just add a #define
> > CONFIG_RISKY 1 or a --disable-risky switch to configure?
>
> the former
ok

[...]

Michael