[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any additional features for inclusion in rc3

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Jan 27 11:24:29 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> I don't think this is exactly what Gabu is looking for, and I agree
> that what he wants would be useful...
I've just did RTFS/WTFS and tried to code it :) but found that it may be
already implemented. In mplayer.c at the panscan code:

#ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE
          if (subtitle_autoscale == 2)
            // force scaling font to movie width
            force_load_font = 1;
#endif

So according to libvo/sub.c this reloads and rescales the Freetype fonts,
IF -subfont-autoscale is set to 2 (default: 3).

    if (!vo_font || force_load_font) {
        force_load_font = 0;
        load_font_ft(dxs, dys);
    }

So my question: is dxs and dys changed when panscan takes effect? If they do,
does -subfont-autoscale 2 decrease the font size when panscanning?
I can't try 'cause vo_svga doesn't support panscan ;)

Thanks.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team