[MPlayer-dev-eng] GIF help needed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 22 23:14:15 CET 2003

Hi,

> I submitted a patch before to add GIF demux/decode support to MPlayer.
> It was rejected because it made the decoder dependant on the demuxer
> and it didn't really decode so much as colormap and blit.
yes

> On Arpi's suggestion, I made another patch where GIF demuxer colormaps
> it all into RGB24 and outputs raw RGB.  (Instead of sending indexed
> values to decoder and having decoder map them to RGB24.)

no!
i didn't said that output RGB24. I said that output RGB8 + palette!
and leave it to the filter layer to convert to bgr24 or yuv or whatever the
vo wants.

> Can anybody offer me any help?

unfortunatelly i'm very busy with commercial job this week, i hope i can
look at it at weekend, after finishing raw yuv and mpeg4-es support i
promised to Michael. also someone should help applying patches now.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team