[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any additional features for inclusion in rc3 RPMs?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 22 18:13:24 CET 2003

Hi,

> As long as we're on the subject of packaging. Have any of the features added
> in the last few months matured enough to be included in rc3 RPMs?
> OSD menu?
no! it isn't working yet.

> FreeType font support? (I think everyone has libfreetype installed on their
> desktops)
yes. i thought it's already included.

> gif support? (same as above)
dunno. afaik libgif is illegal, and libungif is useless.

but libpng and libjpeg support should be enabled.

> dynamic a/v plugins support? (doesn't create any new dependencies AFAIK)
not fully working yet. vo drivers with configuration options are
problematic, as the core requires them to compile.

btw, you should update the skins, they have been changed after the latest
(between rc2 and rc3) gui enhancements.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team