[MPlayer-dev-eng] video rate in client/server application

Daniel Sadoc Menasche sadoc at land.ufrj.br
Fri Jan 17 16:01:18 CET 2003

Hi,

> hmm. maybe buffering problem somewhere.
> try  ./client | mplayer -cache 2048 -

In fact, it solved the problem during the first seconds.  But after that,
I had slow motion again.

> > How may I know where is the problem? How may I verify if the enconder I.m
> > using is generating bad data?
>
> take any hex editor & the mpeg specs :)

Thanks. I will study the mpeg specs, and use hexdump.

> > Is it possible that the problem relies on the communication between the
> > client program and mplayer?
>
> dunno

Is it possible to know if video is being sent from the client application
to the mplayer in a rate below the ideal?  Is it possible that this
behavior I´m getting is caused by the fact that the client is sending
video to mplayer in a rate less then the expected by mplayer?

Regards,
Daniel Sadoc