[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 11:47:47 CET 2003

Am Samstag, 11. Januar 2003 02:04 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> > PS: Anyway playlist demuxing is imho atm a real mess, as they don't work
> > locally and only with the network code ...
>
> argh. you're right...
> just tested and really, the buggy .asx (and .wmv) urls i got all work from
> the network, but fails from local.

hm

> it's more interesting that they fail even with the -playlist option:
>
> Playing [Reference]
> File not found: '[Reference]'

Sample file:

<Asx Version = "3.0" >
<Entry>
<Ref href = "mms://wm201.streaming.mediaways.net/rtl/action/LOGO2.wmv"/>
</Entry>
<Entry>
<Ref href =
"mms://wm201.streaming.mediaways.net/rtl/comedy/hhcc_20020524_bush2.wmv"/>
</Entry>
<Entry>
<Ref href = "mms://wm201.streaming.mediaways.net/rtl/action/LOGO2.wmv"/>
</Entry>
</Asx>

... works for me with playlist ...

> Playing Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
> Unknown protocol: Ref1=http
> asf_streaming_start failed
> Unable to open URL: Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
>

> Exiting... (End of file)
>
> looks like it didn't recognized asx format and parsed as simple txt list of
> urls. or it isn't really asx? afaik asx is xml-style, but this one more
> like reminds me of di.fm's *.pl (winamp format?) files.

yes, this is pls-format, but it should detect it anyway ...

> > -	{ "asx", DEMUXER_TYPE_ASF },
> > +	{ "asx", DEMUXER_TYPE_PLAYLIST },
>
> i'm not sure this is ok.
> afair there are badly configured servers with .asx urls but asf content.

hm ... how about asx then falling back onto asf if it don't succeeds ...

> > -extension=NULL;
> > +//extension=NULL;
>
> ah i already forgot this one.
> it was found already few months ago, and turned out to be some debug code,
> but it seems it was not fixed...  or am i wrong?

Debug code for what ?

It would have been more clear to comment out the following code-lines, as it
was same effect, but then one could notice, yes there is something wrong or

Anyway, I think it would be nicer to have a demux_playlist.c, which would be
called before all other demuxers, and which tries to detect if it is a
plain/text-file (e.g. no binary characters at the beginning) and then tries
out all playlist types, as there are tried anyway, when it assumes it could
be type playlist ...

But I think here is only some redesign possible :-(

Of course after 0.90 ;-)

cu

Fabian