[MPlayer-dev-eng] playing more than one movie currently sucks

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Dec 27 16:51:03 CET 2003

Hi,

> I tried to play more than one movie,
> for example mplayer *.avi
> The problem is: He close and recreate the window after playing one
> movie.
>
> So I tried with the option fullscreen, and it sucks also:
> He close the fullscreen after the end of a video, than he open a new
> movie in a window (no more fullscreen).

then time to tjink about RTFMing a bit.
i also bet, this question is in the FAQ too.

> My goal was to create transistion between movies, but after I saw the
> source code, I gave up, there are 3000 lines of code in the main
> function, a possibility for me to make the transistion was to use
> threads encapsulated in C++ classes, but porting this to c++ seems for
> me to be very difficult, practically the complete program is in one
> function! (main)
>
> What do you think about it?

you should check again. that 3000 (really so much?) lines are not the
whole program, it's just the init and uninit code, and the main loop,
full of function calls and the a-v sync correction & control math.
feel free to implement it in fewer lines (i'm trying to do it in
mplayer-g2, with no much success)...

or you do ask my optionion about c++? you'd better not asking that.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu