[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer slow on *bsd ?

Björn Sandell biorn at dce.chalmers.se
Tue Aug 26 10:51:44 CEST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:51:47 +0200
Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the last weeks i heard several times from friends that
> mplayer is much slower (up to factor 2!) on a bsd than it
> is on linux with same hardware. As i dont have bsd myself
> (yeah, i know it's a shame ;) i cant verify it.
> Does anyone know more about that ?
> Maybe a possible reason ? (i cant think of any)

Which BSD?
I'm running OpenBSD on a PIII 500 laptop and mplayer is "fast enough" :-)
One thing that could make a difference is the lack of SSE.

If you want me to test something, just ask!

--
Björn Sandell       DCE/DFS Sysadmin       IT department
Chalmers University of Technology    www.dce.chalmers.se