[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main ChangeLog,1.48,1.49

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 13 00:55:27 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > Perhaps we should make an bug-hunting "time" like other projects have
> > ... :-)
> That would be really fun..

Agree, i also wanted to do such thing for a while, but got no interest.
Actually first we need a list of the most annoying bugs...

> > Its really fun :-).
> Yea, if I wasn't alone in maintaining..
Hey, there is Gabu too! The uber-giga-megacoder-patch-commiter! fsck together...

> In the last few days I reread all the non applied patches sent to the
> list back to 2003 may. And the result? To most of them I have only
> reacted in pleasing others who know that code to have a look at them.
> But no reaction!!

Welcome to the mplayer maintainers world.

> I don't really know all the parts of mplayer so I

no one knows.
the matrix has you. the mplayer has matrix.
no one can be told, what the matrix^Kmplayer is.

> can't apply all the patches safely, and if I apply some of them, all the
> devs complain that it breaks the whole mplayer and such. In the end it

Sure. and if you dont apply them, then the developers are angry because you
didnt apply them. you can't be good, whatever you do.

Wonder why did i gave it up?
I hope if i rebuild mplayer from scratch, i will know all parts of it.
But at least it will be a clean design, so anyone can understand the code.

> seems that mplayer is dead. But that isn't the truth, only the last few
> devels aren't enough for the whole work.

there were never enough developers for this work.
(whatever Kabi says)

> So other devs! Please write smth, 'fsck you' is enough, but not that
> silence...

see above :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--