[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cross-compiling for SH4...

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Aug 10 19:25:58 CEST 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 06:12:29PM +0200, OrcRys wrote:
> |> So you'll probably have to do something like set your CC var to your
> |> cross-compiler, then hardcode your native compiler into the Makefile for
> |> the things that need to be run natively.
>
> Yep, that's going to need a lot of tweaking, this stuff, heh? ^_^

Yeah.  I'd probably try to make a patch for cross-compilation myself,
except that configure is big and I've got other things to work on first.

> For the video, there might be a way to use framebuffer... The dreamcast contains
> a power-vr2 chip and the kernel supports it...

Neat.  Yeah, I'd suggest giving fbdev a try, especially once G2's fbdev
gets backported to G1.  It should give you pretty good results compared
to SDL.

--Joey